Lady Jane Productions
Living History Events
Greetings, Living Historians!
LJP’s Signature event:
Lady Jane’s Pride & Prejudice Ball: June 24, 2023
A regency inspired dinner and “Bridgerton-esque” ball
The Fort Garry Hotel (7th Floor Concert Ballroom)
CLICK HERE for tickets.
*As per current provincial guidelines, Covid-19 Vaccination and use of masks is recommended, but not mandatory.
Delight and enthral your senses with the clothing, dance, music, drink, and food of Regency England c. 1815.
You loved Bridgerton, now you can live it!
Four classes ahead of the ball to learn the dances
– Romantic light dinner to start the evening
– Guided dancing by an MC with a live chamber music ensemble
– Hors d’ouvres and punch
– Professional photography
Photo credits: Trish Palud Photography, Erin Leslie Photography (bottom right)
Lady Jane Productions P&P Ball FAQ:
What kind of dancing do we do at the Ball?
At the Pride & Prejudice Ball (Winnipeg), we do a type of dance particular to the early 1800’s called English Country Dance. It’s easy and fun for people of all ages.
How do I dress for a Regency Event?
The key is to keep it simple!!!
For Ladies, the bare minimum is a full-length gown in a soft fabric with covered shoulders. An empire waist is preferable but not mandatory. Flat shoes, please. Ladies are also welcome to wear regional / cultural formal dress appropriate to the early 19th century.
Gentlemen are asked to wear, at minimum, a suit or tuxedo worn with Oxford style dress shoes. A Regency-era ensemble of fall-front breeches, waistcoat, chemise, cravat, and Georgian frock coat is certainly encouraged, but not necessary. Gentlemen are also welcome to wear historical military attire, or other regional cultural dress appropriate to the early 19th century. This would include traditional Scottish attire (ex. Kilts + Prince Charlie), or any other formal cultural dress from the period.
Guests may dress in whichever gendered dress makes them feel most comfortable. Gender swapping / bending is enthusiastically encouraged! All expression of gender are welcome!
Lady Jane Productions (LJP) ~ Building Community through the Arts.
LJP is passionate about organizing Living History Events that are artistic in nature and that promote well-being!
When we come together to enjoy shared experiences, we develop our own interests, build relationships, and have fun. Whether we seek further knowledge, experiences, companionship, or enjoyment, what we seek might be just around the corner. Come LIVE IN HISTORY with Lady Jane Productions.
Lady Jane’s Annual Summer Promenade & Picnic
Sunday, August 28, 2022 (Next event date –> Sunday, August 27, 2023)
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Assiniboine Park English Garden; Winnipeg, MB
Admission by recommended donation: $10 / adult 18+; $5 / Youth 13-17; Children 12 and under free
Indulge in Lady Jane’s annual Summer Promenade & Picnic…
– Regency Era “Walking Dress” enthusiastically encouraged
– Alternate dress: Summer Garden Party attire (light, comfortable clothing)
– Bring your own picnic and blanket
– Wear shoes suitable for walking on grass and bring sun protection
– Bring only what you can comfortably carry (or pull in a wagon!)
– All ages event with a nominal fee!
We will walk through the English Garden and Leo Mol Sculpture Garden and then select a picnic site according to the size of our group. We will then enjoy a picnic gathering in this beautiful public green space.
- What is it?
- A social stroll through the English Garden and Leo Mol Sculpture Garden, and a picnic in the shade.
- What do you suggest we bring?:
- Travel very, very, very light
- a cool drink in a personal container
- a small snack for yourself (individual portions)
- an umbrella or parasol
- a hat or bonnet (be sure to wear sunscreen!)
- fabric gloves… always a nice touch for one’s summer wardrobe
- a small blanket or portable chair; N.B. there are many benches in the gardens
- What shall we wear?:
- Regency Era (c. 1800-1815)
- Summer Garden Party attire (light, dressy-casual summer clothing)
- Sensible footwear for standing and walking on grass and uneven terrain
- Where shall we meet?:
- Rendezvous at the entrance of the English Gardens at 1:00 p.m. (By the “Boy with the Boot”)
- What Covid-19 precautions shall we observe?:
- Vaccinations recommended but not mandatory
- Masks recommended but not mandatory
- Social distancing recommended
- Bring a personal snack and beverage only for yourself (or your own family) — no sharing with others.
- What if it rains?:
- We shall endeavour to proceed unless it is stormy
- The current weather forecast will be closely watched
- We will reschedule to the following weekend in case of rain
- What if we have questions?:
Photo credit: Lady Jane Productions